A favorite halal dish of ours is lamb marinated with fresh herbs and garlic! Packed with flavor, it’s the perfect entree for you and your guests to enjoy at home.
- 1 rack of lamb (6-8 ribs each)
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 8 - 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes (any type of salt)
- Prepare the Lamb Chops.
- Remove the Lamb Rack from the refrigerator (1 - 2 hours before you cook) to bring it to room temperature. It may cook unevenly if the meat is not at room temperature.
- Slice it into even serving pieces (one rib per serving).
- It will be easier to sear/grill evenly throughout on an iron-cast skillet. For this particular lamb rack, we have about 6 to 7 pieces, which will serve about 2 to 3 people.
- Make the marinade.
- In a bowl, take 8 to 10 cloves of garlic, 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme, 4 small bunches of parsley, two tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of hot sauce, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Grind it thoroughly with a food processor.
- Marinate the lamb.
- In a large bowl, rub lamb chops with the marinade of fresh herbs and garlic.
- Tightly wrap a saran wrap film over the bowl, making sure no unnecessary leaks or debris will contaminate the lamb.
- At this point, you can decide whether to cook it right now or let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight! Remember to bring it to room temperature before cooking it in the next step.
- We recommend marinating the lamb in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to allow the lamb to soak in all of the wonderful juicy flavors from the fresh herbs.
- Cook the lamb.
- With the temperature set on high, drizzle some olive oil on the iron-cast skillet.
- Place it on the skillet for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add in a tablespoon of butter (½ tablespoon for 2 cuts).
- Continue to flip it in 1-minute intervals till the butter has melted through or your desired cut.
- Take the lamb out of the skillet and let it rest on the side for 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done resting, plate it and you’re ready to serve a delicious and extravagant meal for you and your friends to enjoy at home!
Cooking lamb doesn’t need to be intimidating! Plus, the aromatic flavor from the marinade and the lamb, oof I can’t wait for you to try it out and serve a delicious and extravagant meal for you and your friends to enjoy at home!