Japanese A5 Kagoshima Striploin Wagyu
A savory, yet tender & buttery entree featuring:
A5 Japanese Kagoshima Striploin Wagyu!
- 12 oz Japanese A5 Kagoshima Striploin Wagyu
- Black Pepper
- Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes (any type of salt)
- Preheat the iron-cast skillet over high heat for about a minute or two.
- Trim the fat off of the Wagyu. DO NOT THROW AWAY. We will be using this to oil our skillet!
- Salt the Japanese Wagyu on both sides. This allows it to tenderize by pulling out moisture, enhancing the wonderful rich flavor.
- Place the Wagyu on the pan and let it sear for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the Wagyu and continue searing it for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking it to your desired level. If you would like to add any additional seasonings, such as fresh herbs or garlic, we highly recommend you to do so at this point to spice things up a bit.
- Take the Wagyu out of the pan and let it rest on the side for 10 minutes.
- Season it with a little bit more salt and pepper.
- Slice it up and you are ready to serve!
We hope you try this at home as it only took us a couple of minutes to create a buttery melt-in-your-mouth wagyu experience. Allowing the Wagyu to rest on the side ensures that the steak has time to cool and soak up all of the wonderful flavors added. Because of their high marbling and fat content levels, this Wagyu will not need to add any additional butter or oil. Since this cut is fairly thin, it is a wonderful entree to make if you are in a rush. Enjoy!