How to Sous Vide an Australian Gold Filet Mignon Wagyu
A perfect, juicy, and flavorful bite every time! With a BMS Grade of 8+ (Gold), this steak is a delicious entree to enjoy with your family.
- 8 oz Australian Filet Mignon (Gold Grade) [BMS 8+]
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 -2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes (any type of salt), to taste
* Depending on how you want your steak to be cooked, here are the recommended times (1-2 hours):
- Rare: 122 - 128 degree Fahrenheit
- Medium rare: 129 - 135 degree Fahrenheit
- Medium: 136- 145 degree Fahrenheit
- Medium well: 146 - 155 degree Fahrenheit
- Well done: 156+ degree Fahrenheit
- Fill a tub 75% full of water and set the sous vide machine to 129 degrees Fahrenheit for a rare to medium-rare steak.
- Take the 8 oz Australian Gold Filet Mignon out of the packaging and lightly pat it dry.
- Lightly rub salt and pepper all over the steak.
- In a vacuum-sealable bag, place the steak in with 1-2 sprigs of rosemary and ½ of close of garlic.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil (1 tablespoon) into the bag.
- Seal the vacuum-seal bag up.
- Place the bag in the tub of water and leave it alone for 1 - 2 hours.
- Take it out and lightly pat it.
- With a pan set on high, drizzle some olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place steak onto the pan for 2 - 3 minutes without moving.
- Flip the steak and continue to cook it without moving for another 2 - 3 minutes
- Rotate the steak around (on the sides too!) to give it that nice, golden brown crust.
- Transfer the steak onto a cutting board and let it rest for at least 10 minutes!
- Slice the steak and enjoy!