Our version of Abalone & Chicken Soup with just a few key ingredients!
- 2 giant abalones
- 1 whole chicken
- A handful of goji berries
- 2 stalks of ginger
- Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes (any type of salt)
- Fill a pot with water to about ¾ (75%) full, making sure all of the ingredients used will be fully submerged underwater.
- While the water is boiling, take a brush (or a clean toothbrush) and carefully clean the abalone.
- Add the whole chicken once the water starts to boil. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Add in the giant abalone and ginger when you can see the chicken stock boiling,
- Leave it on medium heat for about 4 hours to ensure everything is cooking fully.
- Next, add the goji berries in and let them sit for another 30 minutes.
- Skim off the extra fat and debris that is floating on top of the broth during this time!
- Take the abalone and chicken out.
- Slice them into bite-size pieces.
- Place it into a bowl and it is ready to serve!
All of the tender, juicy flavors, especially from the wonderful chicken broth, will start to fill your kitchen. If you could only take a whiff and a taste of this mouth-watering soup, you would see why we love eating it so much!